- Howe High School
Class of 2019 - Senior Activities
Dear Parents and Guardians:
Although it is hard to believe, your child will soon graduate from high school. In anticipation for graduation, HHS has a tradition of planning various activities to celebrate and acknowledge their accomplishments. The purpose of this correspondence is to inform you of the dates, times, places, and even dress for the upcoming events. Also, attached you will find information explaining how to sign up for electronic updates.
The senior activities are, as follows:
- College planning meeting: Tuesday night, October 2, 5:30 p.m. at the high school. This is a meeting for parents and students to receive information from our counselor, Mrs. Duncan, concerning preparation for college. There will be a second meeting to address financial aid with date and time to be announced later.
- Winter outing: Sunday, January 20, the seniors will be treated to food and fun. This has been tentatively set for Amazing Jake’s in Plano. There are go-carts, laser tag, bumper cars, miniature golf, rock climbing, video and arcade games, and a buffet. The students will meet in the lecture hall for a 4:45 p.m. departure; we should return around 10:00 p.m. Students are required to comply with the student dress code. All students are required to ride on district provided transportation.
- Prom: The prom has been scheduled for April 27 with the time and location to be announced later.
- Six Flags: The date for the Six Flags trip has been set for May 15. The cost for the ticket will be approximately $38.00 which is to be paid between March 25 and April 8. The students will meet in the high school lecture hall at 8:00 a.m.; we should return around 7:30 p.m. Students will be required to wear a Howe school t-shirt and shorts which are to be no shorter than mid-thigh, capris, or jeans. The students are required to ride on district provided transportation.
- Ribbon Cutting: The Ribbon Cutting ceremony, which is a traditional award and scholarship ceremony, has been scheduled for Friday, May 17, at 9:00 a.m. in the high school cafeteria. Family and friends are invited to attend.
- Baccalaureate Service – Sunday, May 19 at FBC Howe: The First Baptist Church will host the Baccalaureate Service which is scheduled for 7:00 p.m. Seniors should arrive at FBC by 6:30 with their cap, tassel, and gown in hand. Baccalaureate practice will be held on Thursday, May 16th, during the school day, after which the students will attend a luncheon in their honor, then proceed to various locations to have class pictures made. The pictures will be made available for download from a photo sharing site. HHS will provide transportation to practice, the luncheon, and photo locations.
- Senior Walk of Honor and Graduation Practice – Friday, May 24: HHS will transport the Class of 2019 to the elementary and middle school campuses to recognize and encourage the generations of students coming up behind them. Seniors should be in school dress code with their caps and gowns in hand.
- Graduation Day! Graduation will be held on Saturday, May 25, at 2:00 p.m. The Class of 2019 should meet in the Lecture Hall at 1:15 p.m. Videos of the graduation ceremony will be available for you to purchase at a minimal charge.
The dress code for Ribbon Cutting, Baccalaureate Service, and Graduation Ceremony is, as follows:
Gentlemen: Collared shirt with tie, dress pants, and polished shoes or boots. Clean shaven.
Ladies: Dress and dress shoes. The dress must be within three (3) inches of the top of the knee or longer and cover at least three (3) inches of the tops of the shoulders with no visible cleavage.
If you have any questions regarding the senior activities or dress code, please contact the high school office.
James Teafatiller on behalf of the Senior Sponsors