Welcome to Pre-K!
The Howe ISD Pre-K program is designed to ensure that preschoolers are ready for kindergarten and will succeed in school by third grade. Starting early in school helps children get a head start and greatly improves their chances for success in life.
This program serves children who are three or four years old and whose birthday falls on or before September 1.
Students may attend this program if they meet any of the following criteria:
- Unable to speak or comprehend the English language
- Educationally disadvantaged (eligible to participate in the National School Lunch Program)
- The child of an active duty member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserved component of the armed forces, who is ordered to active duty by proper authority
- The child of a member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserved component of the armed forces, who was injured or killed while serving on active duty
- Has ever been in the conservatorship of the Texas DFPS (foster care) following an adversary hearing.
For questions or concerns, please contact Susan Carroll | P. 903-532-3322