L-R (seated) Mark Abner-Vice President, Greg Akins-President, Bruce Dawsey; (standing) Jeff Denham, Janie Finney-Secretary, Brad Anderson, Clint Catching
The Board of Trustees establishes the policies by which our schools operate. In carrying out the task of setting policy, the board identifies needs and establishes priorities for the school district, allocates financial and human resources among the priority areas, and evaluates school performance. Regular board meetings are held on the 3rd Monday of the month at 6:00 p.m. in the Howe Independent School District Administration Building Board Room.
Howe ISD Board Goals | 2016-2017
Expect and achieve academic excellence at every campus for all students.
- The District will provide meaningful and challenging curriculum and instruction to foster academic growth and produce graduates who are college, technical school and / or career ready.
- The District Technology Plan will address the implementation of skills which ensure mastery in the use of age-appropriate technology.
Attract, retain and develop exemplary employees for all jobs in the district.
- Salaries and benefits will be competitive with AAA schools in Grayson County and/or UIL District.
- Employee attendance will be maintained at a minimum of 96%.
- Staff development to address campus and district goals will be provided.
- All teachers will meet state certification requirements.
Develop and expand programs and services that promote parent and community satisfaction.
- Emphasis will be placed on increasing parental involvement.
- Methods will be used to evaluate and improve parent, student and community satisfaction with HISD programs and services and may include on-line opportunities for stake-holder input.
- Programs that support student and staff in developing and sustaining a positive school environment and culture will be provided.
Promote participation in school sponsored extra and co-curricular activities.
- 90% of 7th and 8th grade students and 80% of high school students will participate in at least one co-curricular or extracurricular activity each school year.
- Adequate staff and facilities will be provided for extra and co-curricular activities.
Provide for all operations in the most cost effective and efficient manner possible.
- The District’s financial process will provide adequate campus budgets for the attainment of district and campus goals.
- The district will budget appropriately and ensure efficient use of funds allocated to maintain and enhance the quality of the physical plant.
- The district will maintain a minimum operational fund balance of 20% of the annual budget.