Welcome to Pre-K!
The Howe ISD Pre-K program is designed to ensure that preschoolers are ready for kindergarten and will succeed in school by third grade. Starting early in school helps children get a head start and greatly improves their chances for success in life.
This program serves children who are four years old and whose birthday falls on or before September 1.
Students may attend this program if they meet any of the following criteria:
- Unable to speak and comprehend the English language
- Educationally disadvantaged, which means a student eligible to participate in the national free or reduced-price lunch program
- Homeless, as defined by 42 United States Code (U.S.C.) Section 11434a, regardless of the residence of the child, of either parent of the child, or of the child's guardian or other person having lawful control of the child
- The child of an active duty member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserved component of the armed forces, who is ordered to active duty by proper authority
- The child of a member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserved component of the armed forces, who was injured or killed while serving on active duty
- Has ever been in the conservatorship of the Department of Family and Protective Services (foster care) following an adversary hearing held as provided by Section 262.201, Family Code
- The child of a person eligible for the Star of Texas Award as:
For questions or concerns, please contact Susan Carroll | P. 903-532-3322