Left to Right - Back Row: Michael Doty, Josh Vincent, Mark Abner, Brad Anderson | Front Row: Janie Finney (Vice President) Clint Catching (President), Tamela Shadden (Secretary)
The Board of Trustees establishes the policies by which our schools operate. In carrying out the task of setting policy, the board identifies needs and establishes priorities for the school district, allocates financial and human resources among the priority areas, and evaluates school performance. Regular board meetings are held on the 3rd Monday of the month at 6:00 p.m. in the Howe Independent School District Administration Building Board Room.
2019-20 Howe ISD Board Goals
The District will provide meaningful and challenging curriculum and instruction to foster academic growth and produce graduates who are college, career and /or military ready.
• HISD will achieve a TEA Accountability Rating of A and each campus will achieve a rating of B or better
• By 2022, HISD will increase district STAAR results in All Subjects – Approaches GLS by 3 points, Meets GLS by 5 points, and Masters GLS by 5 points
• HISD will maintain a Career, College and Military Readiness score above the comparison group average
• By 2022, HISD will achieve a Graduation Rate of 98%
• By 2022, HISD will increase Student Growth in Reading/Math by 5 points
• By 2022, HISD will increase TELPAS Rating by 5 points
The District will attract, retain and develop exemplary employees for all jobs in the district.
• Salaries and benefits will be competitive with AAA schools in Grayson County and/or UIL District in order to attract and retain qualified staff
• Because we believe that having our regular teachers and staff members present has a positive impact on learning and operations, employee attendance will be maintained at a minimum of 95%.
The District will provide facilities that are safe and conducive to learning and manage its resources in a prudent manner
• The District Technology Plan will address the implementation of skills which ensure mastery in the use of age-appropriate technology
• Plans will be developed and implemented in order to maximize the safety and security of students and staff
• Current facilities will be well-maintained and projected growth will be monitored to ensure that adequate space is available to accommodate future needs
• HISD will achieve a Superior Rating in the Financial Integrity Rating System of Texas